Wednesday, August 4, 2010

22!!

I turned 22 this Sunday, but I celebrated with my friends Saturday night.

3561 El Camino Real Santa Clara, CA 95051
I was really craving Korean, and I figured, why not?  I for sure wanted to go karaoking for my bday,  and there are plenty of Korean restaurants around the area.  The problem was picking one!!  Most of the restaurants have 4.5 - 4 stars!!  So I just picked one that had the most reviews with best ratings and best pictures LOL.  Actually I picked Jang Su Jang because I saw a picture of the potato ban chan, which I really love!!!

BAN CHAN!!
MmMM lots of yummy ban chan! Unfortunately, they did not have my favorite potato ones.  All good, because they had this apple one covered in mayo sauce.  Yum! I havn't had that before, but it was nice to munch on :)

Bi Bim Bap

I didn't actually get to eat a lot of this, because we shared it among 8 people lol. But it was pretty good! I liked that it has actual pieces of meat in it, other places I've had it put in ground meat.  I would definitely come back to order this for myself!

Beef Tofu Soup

Pork Bulgolgi
not a fan lol

Beef Bulgolgi- YUM!!!! :)
LA Galbi Ribs - I only ate one, I hate eating around bones lol

Yakult

They gave us complimentary yakults for dessert!! Pretty cool! I like this better than like getting candy :)

Banana, Strawberry, Red Velvet, and Cookies and Cream


My boyfriend bought me cupcakes from some bakery near De Anza, because I've been pestering him for some cupcakes!! ♥ teehee!! Well, they were OKAY,  I still miss the cupcakes they had around East Bay, MmMM Love at First Bite, Teacake Bake Shop, Cupkates, ahh I'm drooooling!! lol o well.  I thought these cupcakes were TOO SWEET!!  Well, the banana and the cookies and creme one definately were.  Actually I don't remember if the banana one tasted like bananas.  The strawberry one was cool! It had strawberry jam in the middle! But the texture of the cake was like grocery store strawberry shortcake cup texture X_X like sticky and moist, oh! like angel food cake!  Not my thing. :P  and that red velvet was the reddest red velvet I have ever seen!! But it tasted like boxed cake mix :P  booo!!

Oh, before I forget, I must note that the service at Jang Su Jang was EXCELLENT :)  First of all, I made a reservation for 7 people.  But my friend's boyfriend came too, and I didn't know, so we had 8 people!  I told the people working there, and they tried to get us a bigger table. But the place is like packed.  They didn't want us to just add an extra chair, because it would make it harder for the waitresses to give us food.  In the end, they just let us have an extra chair, because no one else was leaving anytime soon.  And then later, I wanted to cut my cupcakes to share with everyone, so I asked them for a knife.  They apparently didn't have any knives, so they went next door to Paris Baguette to get a plastic knife for me, awesome!! So yes, EXCELLENT service :)

After dinner, we drove down the street to Renaissance Karaoke bar. We sang for 3 hours, and then called it a night.  Unfortunately, despite the camera picture taking whore in me, I for reason forgot to charge my camera battery (I actually almost forgot to bring my camera too), so I don't have many pictures from karaoking.  I need to get them from my friends!  So I'll leave you with this one last picture I have on my camera.  I can't remember if someone took this or if I took this myself LOL...

happy 22 to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment