Friday, July 30, 2010

2 years together :)

You must think im a fatty because I keep doing posts about FOOD! :) I'll start doing some beauty ones soon, I promise :)

You must've also noticed that I changed the design on my blogger.  The old design wasn't as photo friendly, and I loove photos, and so.. ta da!!! It was kind of annoying using the blogger designer function, the designs I likedd i couldnt change too much and yea...

Well anyway, on Monday, my boyfriend and I celebrated our 2 years anniversary :)
To celebrate, richard surprised me by taking me to build-a-bear!

This is what we ended up with. Isn't he cute? I named our baby bear Patrick LOL. This was my first time building a bear at build-a-bear!

After making our bear, we walked around the mall for a bit to kill time before heading off to dinner at this fancy restaurant called Le Papillon.

410 Saratoga Avenue
San Jose, CA 95129
I was afraid I wouldn't get in at first, because I didn't think I was dressy enough, but I had no troubles :)

Salmon Mousse
This was complimentary sampler that they gave to us.  I remember it having a savory taste.  Other than that, I don't remember much else about this sampler.  I mean, it was after soooo small.  I do, however, remember actually liking it lol.

Another Sampler
 I don't know what the name of this was. It's name was in French, and I didn't quite hear what the waiter said was in it, other than goose?  I think it's like a goose pate.  It was suprisingly delicious.  It's smoother, creamier, and sweeter than duck pate.

Yet Another Sampler
I thought it was pretty cool having all these complimentary samplers!! 3 in all :)  I don't remember exactly what this was other than it had elderberry and was a cold soup. It tasted like it had celery in it too I think.  This right here was NASTY X_X  It was like torture trying to finish my little shot of soup!!

Duck Salad with Green Apple and Figs

This salad is listed on their menu online, so I don't know what the salad was made of other than what was obvious. The vegetable it was made from was crunchy and sliced thinly like noodles. It was quite different. The duck, on the other hand, was reallly moist and tender, YUM!!!

Figs scare me a little after learning about how a fig is basically a disc flower that closed on itself with all the stamen on the inside and a little hole on the top for bees to come in to pollinate the stamen. Sometimes, the bee gets stuck and can't get out, so when you eat a fig, you're also eating a dead bee X_X Luckily, I also learned that figs grown in California are not pollinated by bees, it's done manually by the farmers i think. So hopefully this was a California fig I ate!

Baby Lettuce Salad with Pears, Toasted Pecans, Feta Cheese and Chambord Vinaigrette
 I liked Richard's salad better, because it actually looks like salad!! The vinaigrette in this made it very sweet and yummy :d

Roasted Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Smoked Maple Syrup and Hibiscus-Onion Marmalade
That stick towards the bottom was like a stick of spam; it was tasty at first but reallly salty after a while.
The thing in the middle was potatoes, very interesting texture. And the clump on the side was like a wierd clump of  dried bacon, but it had no bacon flavor. But those three circles of pork tenderloin were SOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!!

Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Maitake Mushrooms, Potato Gratin and Bone Marrow
 Richard kept commenting about how his steak sounded when he sliced into it.  I've actually never heard steaks make that sound before either.  I got to try some of his, and it was veryyy yummy too.  But I didn't eat too much because I wanted to finish my dish.

Soufflé Grand Marnier with Fresh Berries
This was YUM!! Best souffle I ever had! It didn't even deflate when we poked it! It had an eggy and custardy taste. The sauce tasted a little like rum.  Apparently, this was their special.  Everyone in the restaurant ordered it!
Complimentary Truffles

Last but not least, they gave us complimentary homemade truffles when they gave us our bill.  This was really nice. Since the souflee wasn't very sweet, just flavorful, I wanted something really sweet to end with, and these truffles were complimentary!!

overall, two thumbs up for the lovely night.  thanks boyfriend <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment