Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Hello!! It's been a while...  I've been spending all my free time working on my pharmacy apps, and I just submitted my last supplement a few minutes ago!! Now I'm ready to just  r e l a x :)  It honestly wasn't my best work, so I have very low expectations for the outcome.  It's okay, because  I don't completely feel ready either, and next year I'll be a much better candidate to compete against other people. But as for now, I'm done :)  Now I can concentrate on my classes and job hunting again and some other feel good activities, like baking :)

Anyway, I went out with my girls Friday night to celebrate Halloween at my girlfriend friend's charity halloween party, but it was more like a birthday party with a charity title slapped to it that we paid $20 to go to X_X It's okay, I still highly enjoyed dressing up and spending time with my girls.







Sorry, these were my only full body shots, lol. I was a CAVE GIRL!!  I was actually inspired by:



I actually ordered this dress, but they only had size medium left and it was super unflattering on me!  Besides that, this dress costs $27.80!! That's a lot more than I'd want to spend on something I'd never wear again lol.  So I went with a friend to go buy fabric, and I made my own dress. YES, I made my own dress, and I'm quite proud :) I spend late late Thursday night cutting and drawing the pattern and pinning it to make it fit my body, and then I spent all Friday sewing it all together. I even had to sew a zipper in the back so I could wear it.  It's quite an amazing feat, because the last time I sewed a dress, it was a complete disaster and a mess of thread on the inside lol.  I also made my own necklace and a bracelet out of clay, but I threw it away at the end of the night. I tied leftover leopard print fabric to a headband so I could match the model, put on my favorite black Forever 21 belt, and my new nude Payless sandals, and TA DA! cave girl :)


FOTN:
Foundation: Sephora Mattifying Compact Foundation in D25
Contour: Contouring Palette from Coastal Scents
Blush: Elf Contour & Blush
Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Palette Smog, Sin, Darkhorse and Mac Ricepaper
Eyeliner: Loreal Linear Intense for upper lid and Almay eyeliner on waterline
Mascara: Covergirl Lashblast
Lashes: Model 21
Lips: NYC Sheer Red

My first time wearing red lipstick in public!!  I own three or four red lipsticks and no one has ever seen me in them lol. This NYC one was really nice, it's a very wearable shade! However, I noticed that my lips dried out a lot by the end of the night.  When I looked in the mirror before washing everything off, my lips looked kinda cracked, but I don't think it's anything a bit of chapstick can't help. It was still red though, through several drinks and half a hamburger lol  I think the red lipstick made my skin look really really white.

I'll leave you off with this last picture, you can see my homemade necklace and bracelet :)  
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

1 comment:

  1. hi sweetie! Thanks so much for your helpful comment about nude pumps! I need to go check out Steve Madden and Aldo. I noticed you graduated from Berkeley too! yayy <33

    ReplyDelete