Saturday, June 19, 2010

one vietnam


Check out this video for One Vietnam that I helped film!!  One Vietnam is an organization my friend help found to help connect Vietnamese organizations together and form an online global network for Vietnamese communities to collectively help Vietnam.

We filmed this looooong ago, on Halloween day.  It was extremely tiring.  I woke up at 6 to get my hair and makeup done with the other girls (but i think it was really that necessary since we didn't film until the end of the day and had to retouch our makeup on our own anyhow X_X )  And then the bay bridge was closed that weekend, so to get to sf we had to drive around through the Richmond bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge.  We drove all around sf. First stop was somewhere in the financial district to get the shot of the construction worker playng the trumpet. Then we walked up the street to film the businessman w/ the clarinet.  Then drove up the street to Nob Hill and filmed my friend Mai as a schoolteacher w/ the violin.  Then we went up the hills, it was so long ago, I forgot the name of the location, and filmed the conductor and filmed us all meeting (which wasnt used), and then everyone left, and it was just me and jenny left to film at the Embarcadero.  Jenny was supposed to be Betty Nguyen? Playing flute, and I'm a doctor with the cello. I was supposed to film at the Palace of Fine Arts, and that would have been really cool, but there was no time :( And we finally came back home to Berkeley 6 that day.  And then I had to get ready for some Halloween partying!! lol

After all of that hard work, I'm absolutely thrilled to finally get to see this video.  It's shorter than it was supposed to be, but it still looks absolutely awesome!  Btw, Uyen and Huy, the founders of One Vietnam, planned the entire event, and even went out to buy all the instruments!  And none of us knew how to play our respective instruments! LOL  Despite my lack of cello skills, I managed to figure out how to play twinkle twinkle little star at the end of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment